Saturday, October 20, 2007

Adopt-A-Graduate

FLASHBACK...

One day, I was in the bus on my way home when a girl, about 10 years of age distributed a white envelope to all the bus passengers. The message “puwede po ba makahingi ng tulong para lang sa pasukan” was inscribed in front of the envelope.
My eyes lingered on those words for a while, and then I looked to the girl who was then busy collecting the envelopes from other passengers. When it was my turn, I handed her the envelope – empty! I handed her the empty envelope with a bleeding heart.
I never gave even a single cent to children like her. I cannot help them that way. I am not sure if I put a coin or a hundred or a ‘ninoy’ in that envelope, it will change their lives or it may just make their situation even worst, for all I know. I am not sure If they will really use the money for their education.
What if they are victims of circumstances? What if they are exploited children who are used by their parents or a syndicate to earn money for themselves?
Children like them should be enjoying their childhood. They should be receiving decent education.
I may not be able to help that poor child, But my encounter with her strengthens my will to send incapable, willing children to school in my own ways....

ADOPT-A-GRADUATE

What is Adopt-a-graduate?

An initiative which enables well to do graduates or any graduates who are willing to share a portion of their incometo help other graduates which belongs to the poorest of the poor families to continue pursue their college degree or technical course by adopting or sponsoring them.

Who can be a sponsor?

Any "can do" SOM graduates who is willing to share with others a portion of his blessings.
He should have great desire and commitment to help other graduates succeed.
Purity of intention. Should be willing to help send a graduate to college, without asking anything in return...
He shall commit himself to donate a fix amount every month to ASMSI Adopt-a-graduate project.

Who can be a Schoolar?

Any SOM graduates are qualified to apply for Adopt-a-graduate Schoolarship.
He should pass the initial screening of the Adopt-A-Graduate Committee.
A schoolar should have a clear vision of his future plans and dreams, and has a burning desire to succeed in life.
Referral from ASMSI / SOM School Administration or from a sponsor is an advantage, but not necessary.
A schoolar should have a good track record while inside the SOM.
Should have at least 85% general average in highschool and has no grade lower than 80% in all subjects.
He should be presently enrolled in any institution recognized by ASMSI (Schools accreditted by CHED, TESDA, DECS)
For College freshmen, should have at least 85% passing remarks on his college entrance test.

Batchmates,
let's join hands to send our fellow graduates to school and be a part of their succeess...
for more details, please view my post/thread at our website under ASMSI projects.

regards,

Kuya ron:)

No comments: